Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Dare You to Move... 1st Movement


After speaking at Family Camp last week a few people asked me to blog the challenges that were given. I decided to do a little more than that. You will find and abbreviated outline of all five messages over the next few days. I hope it will continue to challenge those of us that were in the services and maybe help others that weren't. (thanks Steven)

I find myself asking God whats next after I've reached a new spiritual level and He has been faithful to me by answering "Take it to the next level, I dare you to move". hopefully these 5 devotionals will help you with the "how".

1st Movement - Service
Tension:
The challenge to move the next level can be overwhelming, the first step should be that of practicality and simple application to a physical world.
Self-examination:
Ask yourself two questions.
  • "Can I see a need?"
  • "Have I been given the means to fulfil that need?"
What God has to say:
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.
Romans 13:8
  • Above all God has called us to love
  • Service is the physical application of love.

Self-application:

Make a commitment to reckognize needs

  • Listen for God
  • Obey Him when He calls

Challenge:

What would the world look like if we answered the call to serve?
What would our relationship with God look like if we obeyed Him when he called us?

No comments: