Monday, February 26, 2007

How Great

I'm so bored of little gods
While standing on the edge of something large
While standing here, so close to You
We could be consumed
-David Crowder Band
That's exactly how I feel today, I am so tired of things that truly do not matter retain so much of my energy. I mean of we can take a step back and honestly take a look at our lives objectively does the one true God get the number one spot all of the time? I know He doesn't in my life. I feel like I am standing at the door that leads into something so much bigger than me that I'll never be able to see the whole thing at once. Its placing a healthy perspective on things and it placing me where I belong... in the back. I feel like I could almost reach over and touch God because I feel His presence so close to me. This thought of consumption overwhelms me. The possibility of God completely covering and penetrating me scares and excites me.
A good friend of mine, David Hall makes a excellent point in his post about the Church, he talked about how a church needs the right people with the right leadership to be successful. This isn't an argument based on position, its based on the heart. Do the people have a heart do trust and follow their leadership, do they have a heart to grow closer and closer to God through the disciplines of study, prayer, and obedience, do they have a never dying passion to see lost people come into saving knowledge and a growing relationship with Christ? Does the leadership have the anointing of God and the ability to recognize it and the strength to follow it where ever it leads? I think that our church is asking ourselves those questions right now and that is a very exciting place to be.
Matt<><

No comments: